The X-317™ is a web-enabled analog output module with five output channels. The analog outputs are similar to that of a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC). However, unlike a PLC, the X-317 is designed for web-based applications from the ground up. No add-on software or hardware is required. The X-317 can be fully configured, programmed and tested using its built-in web server. The web setup pages are intuitive and easy-to-use and do not require special programming skills.
The X-317 can be used as a stand-alone device as well as operate as a peripheral for other devices such as a programmable logic controller (PLC) or the X-600M™.
The X-317 has five precision 16-bit digital to analog converters (DACs). Each channel can be programmed for 0-5V, 0-10V, ±5V, ±10V, 4-20mA ranges. The voltage and current outputs for each channel are on a single connector terminal.
Most industrial analog applications require isolation between the power supply and analog outputs. The X-317 has a built-in DC-DC converter for providing isolated power to the outputs. No external isolated back plane power is needed.
The built in web setup pages allow the name and settings for each channel to be configured. You can configure the range of a setting to be in engineering units. For example, an input value of 0 to 100% can be scaled and processed for an output range of 4-20mA to control a damper motor.
- Built with:
- Industrial grade components
- High-reliability SLC flash
- Transient protection
- Watchdog timers
- Voltage supervisor circuitry, etc.
- Five separate analog output channels
- 0-5V, 0-10V, ±5V, ±10V, 4-20mA output ranges
- Outputs are software configured, independently programmable and scalable
- Built-in isolated DC-DC converter
- Wide power supply range (9-28VDC)
- No special software or device drivers required
- Built-in password protected web setup and control pages
- Static or DHCP IP address configuration
- XML and Modbus/TCP
- Field updatable
- Removable terminal connector
- Rugged DIN-Rail/wall-mountable enclosure
Damper Motor - Slave Device
The following illustration demonstrates how the X-317 can be used as a slave device with the X-600M or a PLC to control a damper motor.
Conveyor Motor - Stand-Alone Device
The illustration below demonstrates an X-317 connected to a variable frequency drive which is then connected to a motor on a conveyor belt.
X-317 Part Number
|PART NUMBER||OUTPUTS||INPUTS||POWER SUPPLY|