AUTOMATICALLY REBOOT AN IP CAMERA
Reboot a security camera automatically with WebRelay and a standard web browser! No scripting necessary!
Common IP Camera Problem: IP Camera Keeps Freezing
Surveillance systems need to work all of the time. When a camera freezes, it creates a security threat that puts valuable equipment at risk. It is also creates a hassle and costs money to physically travel to the camera and power cycle it manually.
If you're not consistently checking your camera, an undetected camera freeze can last for hours or days, further exposing your inventory and security equipment to theft or vandalism.
Best Solution: Automatically Monitor & Reboot IP Camera
WebRelay is a cost-effective solution to automatically monitor and reboot IP surveillance cameras. It is compatible with any IP cameras, DVR systems, etc. that can be wired to a relay contact (more information below).
Automatically Restart Cameras When:
- They are located in hard-to-reach places
- The video feeds cannot be monitored 24/7
- They are in isolated locations
WebRelay Setup & Reboot Options
WebRelay is highly configurable. Using a standard web browser to access its built-in setup and control pages, you can control whatever is connected to it, such as an IP surveillance camera.
You can specify the time between ping requests, the time between unsuccessful ping requests, how many ping failures occur before rebooting the camera, and the time before the first ping is sent after the camera reboots.
Built-In Web Server - No Cloud Servers Required
WebRelay has a built-in web server and can be set up and monitored on your network using a standard web browser on a computer or smartphone. It does not require any cloud services or reoccurring fees.
- One, 12-Amp relay
- Automatic reboot
- Customizable ping settings:
- Pings network device (i.e., camera)
- Number of ping request before reboot
- Time before first ping is sent after startup
- Remote manual reboot
- Built-in web interface
- Simple setup
- No scripting required
- Optional Features:
- Monitor switch-closure sensor (i.e., door sensor) via digital input
- Control one remote relay
How to automatically reboot an IP camera using WebRelay:
- Connect WebRelay directly to the IP camera's power.
- Power WebRelay and connected it to the same network as the IP camera.
- Enter WebRelay's IP address to access its built-in setup and control pages
- Configure WebRelay's network and automatic reboot settings
- After setup, WebRelay automatically begins pinging the IP address of the camera, or any other network device.
- If there is a series of ping failures, WebRelay will automatically power cycle the camera.
BEST PRODUCTS for Camera Automatic & Remote Reboot
Part number(s): X-WR-1R12-1I-I, X-WR-1R12-1I-E
Part number(s): XRDI-WSEP-NA, XRDI-WSEP-IN
Part number(s): X-410-I, X-410-E
Current: 1A 28VAC, 24VDC
Type: Optically-Isolated (Shared Ground)
1-Wire Bus: 16
Counters: Inputs 1-4
HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, XML, Modbus TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, Remote Services
Part number(s): X-400C-I-CA
HARDWARE - Expandable with modular I/O products
- Connectivity: Cellular or Ethernet
- Expandable I/O: Up to 64 I/O points
- Expansion Bus: Add up to 32 expansion modules and/or remote ControlByWeb® devices.
- DIN-rail mount enclosure
- 1-Wire Bus (Up to 16 temperature/humidity sensors)
Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, XML, Modbus TCP/IP, SNMP V1,2C,V3, SMTP