Setting up Emails to send via Text Message
Follow the steps below if you're looking to have your ControlByWeb device emails sent to a phone as a text message.
Note: this is a function that cell providers have long supported. It will work as long as the different cell providers continue to support this feature.
1. Replace the “phonenumber” in the examples below with the 10-digit phone number that you want to receive the text. These are a few options from common cell providers:
- AT&T: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T-Mobile: email@example.com
- Sprint: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verizon: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virgin Mobile: email@example.com
2. Open the setup page of your device by entering the IP address assigned to your unit.
3. Input your username and password.
4. In the Email tab under General Settings, type the phone number email from your mobile provider into one of the available “Email” fields.
Your email notifications sent by the device will now be sent to the number listed in the email.
Note: If you’re interested in testing this feature, you can send an email from your personal email client (Outlook, Gmail, etc.) to the phone number email from your mobile provider (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have any additional questions, contact our support team at email@example.com
If you follow these directions and still have questions, contact us.