How do I add Cellular devices to the Cloud?
The ControlByWeb Cloud makes monitoring and controlling remote devices much easier. For additional information, visit www.ControlByWeb.com/cloud.
The following steps will help you easily add Cellular devices to the Cloud:
STOP: Do not power on your cellular device until the CBW cloud has been set up and the SIM card has been activated.
2. Click on ‘Devices’ in the left-hand navigation panel.
3. Click the ‘New Device +’ button in the top-right corner of the device table.
4. On the New Device page, you have two tabs: Device or Cell Device.
5. Ensure the ‘Cell Device’ tab is highlighted blue.
6. Enter a device name. Enter the Serial Number and Cell ID found on the side of your ControlByWeb cellular device.
7. Click ‘Add’. This will redirect to the Device Edit page.
8. On the Device Edit page, click ‘Activate SIM Card’. If you purchased your device and data plan separately, enter your Data Plan Code to activate the SIM.
9. Activation may take 15 minutes. Click ‘Check SIM Status’ or refer to the Summary page to verify activation status.
10. Once activated, power on the cell device. It will connect to your cloud account automatically.
11. You can now access the device’s Control and Setup pages through ControlByWeb.cloud.
Note: We recommend using Ethernet Access for initial setup and testing. This process may use a large amount of data causing you to quickly reach monthly data plan limits.
If you follow these directions and still have questions, contact our technical support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.