Setting up Emails to send via Text Message
Follow the steps below if you’re looking to have your ControlByWeb device emails sent to a phone as a text message.
1. Replace the “phonenumber” in the examples below with the 10-digit phone number that you want to receive the text. These are a few options from common cell providers:
- AT&T: email@example.com
- T-Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sprint: email@example.com
- Verizon: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- irgin Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Open the setup page of your device by entering the IP address assigned to your unit.
3. Input your username and password.
4. In the Email tab under General Settings, type the phone number email from your mobile provider into one of the available “Email” fields.
Your email notifications sent by the device will now be sent to the number listed in the email.
Note: If you’re interested in testing this feature, you can send an email from your personal email client (Outlook, Gmail, etc.) to the phone number email from your mobile provider (email@example.com).
If you have any additional questions, contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you follow these directions and still have questions, contact our technical support team by emailing email@example.com.