X-408™ | Web-Enabled Digital Input Module
X-408 features 8 digital inputs and a built-in web-server.
Applications - Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
The X-408 is ideal for applications that require discrete input monitoring over an IP network.
Discrete Input Monitoring
Use the X-408 to detect the state of buttons and switches. Send the state of the inputs to other 400 Series controllers (X-400, X-410, etc.) for real-time control.
Monitor the on/off state of push buttons and switches. Using peer-to-peer (P2P) communication, the module can be logically linked to I/O on remote modules (WebRelay, X-410, etc.) to control a variety of devices like a door locks, or lights.
Water Sensors, Float Switches, etc
Connect water sensors, float switches, etc. Configure the X-408 to send email/text alerts when the sensor is tripped.
Monitor security sensors such as magnetic door/window sensors, motion sensors, loop detectors, and more. Configure the X-408 to send email/text alerts when sensors are activated during specified times.
Use the X-408 to monitor photo-detectors, limit switches, counters, etc. in manufacturing processes.
Connect flow sensors to the X-408 and configure its control page to display flow in gpm, lpm, etc., in real time.
The X-408 can be used in a larger, distributed system. The following illustration shows how the X-408 works in conjunction with other ControlByWeb products for I/O mirroring.
- Eight optically-isolated digital inputs
- Each input can be configured as:
- Discrete On/Off
- Frequency measurements
- Monitor, log, and control 32 remote modules, or up to 100 I/O
- User Permissions: Admin, Manager, User
- 50 Scheduled
- 50 Conditional
- 20 Override Schedules
- Send email alerts based on user-defined conditions (supports encrypted email servers, such as Gmail)
- Real-Time Clock with NTP server synchronization
- Automatic daylight savings and leap year adjustment
- No software required
- Customizable web-based Control Page
- BASIC script support for advanced flexibility
- Configurable logging
- Graphing (logged data)
- HTTPS/TLS encrypted
- Static or DHCP IP address configuration
- Modbus, SNMP, Remote Service, IP Filtering
- Field updatable
- Removable 14-Terminal connector for easy installation
- Rugged DIN-Rail/wall-mountable enclosure
X-408 Part Numbers (Differences highlighted in green)
|PART NUMBER||INPUTS/OUTPUTS||SPECIAL FEATURES||POWER SUPPLY|
|X-408-I||Digital: 8 (4-26VDC)||Task builder, email daily log file, add 100 I/O on up to 32 Remote I/O Modules||9-28 VDC|
|X-408-E||Digital: 8 (4-26VDC)||Task builder, email daily log file, add 100 I/O on up to 32 Remote I/O Modules||POE and/or 9-28 VDC|